Sunday, October 11, 2009

I need to start following a budget again. It's that simple. I make a budget=I follow my budget. I don't make a budget=I spend whatever money I want. It's an easy concept to grasp, but for some reason, my mind can't seem to wrap around it. I think the thrill of spending and buying new things just mulls over it. But seriously. I need to start saving. We've got a friggin' wedding to pay for! In *gasp* only 293 days!! I can still remember when it was 400 some days and I thought, "Ohhh I have plenty of time!" Well reality check, I don't. I need to start saving and start DIYing quicker! I have fall break in about two weeks and over those days I intend on getting some major wedding checks accomplished. All of my cardstock for our invites should be in by them, so I definitely need to hit them hard. Although I still don't need invites for quite awhile, it's going to take a long time to make them, so I need to get started now.

Going back to the whole budget schpeal, I went shopping today. One of my best friends was home from school and I told myself that I would go with her but not buy anything. Sure enough, the first store we go in I "need" socks. In all reality, I actually did, so whatever not a dumb purchase. But then I also found a winter hat that I needed. You know, because I wear hats so often (yeah, right!). Then I decide that since tonight was my mom's birthday dinner, I ought to dress up for the occasion. So I had to buy tights and new boots, it being the first snow of the year and all. Speaking of, CAN YOU BELIEVE IT SNOWED THIS EARLY?! Where the heck did fall go people? I want it back! I haven't even been to the pumpkin patch yet damnit! (Yes Lindsey, did you read that?! It snowed on October 11. I hate you for being in Spain right now.)

My mom's birthday dinner was a blast though! We went to Gengi Japanese Steakhouse. It's one of those fun restaurants where they cook at your table. Great food, too. And most importantly, mom had a great time. Well to end the night, here is a picture from tonight of one of my best friends, Jess, and I. My new boots and all.




1 comment:

  1. bahaha its okay it was flurrying on the top of the Eiffel Tower!! But now I'm back in sunny Spain where it's mid 70s everydayyy hehe. It'll start getting cold soon and it even snows here so dont you worry. I sure wish I had money to even make a budget for, oh wellll. Take pictures when/if you go to the pumpkin patch :) love love.

    ReplyDelete