Saturday, October 3, 2009

Well I just finished writing a paper that is due at noon today. It's definitely not my best work and not even long enough for the specifications of the paper, but I am just over it. I feel like all of my classes this semester are all about writing. Usually I love to write, but it's overwhelming! I'd rather take tests at this point in time.

The topic of my paper was rather interesting though. I had to interview a person over 55 and write a feature story about them. I interviewed my Great Aunt and she had some fabulous stories for me. She is one of 10 children and when she was growing up, she shared a bed with 5 of her siblings. Can you imagine?! I don't even like sharing a bed with my fiance! I'm such a bed hog! Also, they didn't have a toilet inside their house!! They had to use an outhouse that the entire neighborhood used. It was a half a block away from their house. What if ya had to go in the middle of the night? Or when it was snowing and freezing out? It's so crazy to see how much times have changed. That was only about 65 years ago. And now we're carrying our iPods and Blackberrys everywhere with us...

Tonight was a good time. It was an old friend's birthday party. It was so nice to see her and her parents. She was my best friend in elementary school. I still remember that when she moved away, it was one of the saddest days of my life! We went to Dave & Busters for her party and let me tell ya, that place is addicting! For those who don't know, it's like Chuck E. Cheese for big kids. After being at that place, I know I should never enter a casino. I do not know when to stop. Period. I have a photo from tonight, but I'm too lazy to go downstairs to get my camera cord and upload. So ya'll gotta wait til tomorrow!

No wedding juice tonight. Hardly even thought about weddings today if you can believe it! I do want to jot down my October Wedding To-Do List though.
-book a caterer (not having this done yet is going to give me an ulcer!)
-book a baker (cupcakes, cake, cupcakes, cake?? decisions, decisions!)
-go visit my dress!
-make mock-up wedding invitation and purchase or order supplies

I think that's all for tonight! Since I didn't give ya anything good tonight I will leave ya with a random picture. Let's see what we've got on the laptop...


My Bella Lou when she was just a babe! Isn't she adorable?!

All the best,
Ainslee

No comments:

Post a Comment